Wednesday, January 15, 2014

These people I call friends

"Such Precious Gems"

So it has been a while since I've been abroad now and I think it's about time that I introduce some of my crazy/amazing/wonderful friends. Please be warned that this post might get a little heartfelt and mushy. With that being said read on and feel free to be jealous. 

The people that I have meet and gotten close with on the trip so far have been mentioned in my previous posts, but now I would like to go into a little bit of detail because honestly it's the friends you are studying with that make the experience that much greater. 

Therese, Me, Rahdika, Alison, Claudia and Isaac
 To start off I'm gonna talk about the amazingly beautiful and awesome girlies of the group.I absolutely love all the girls on the trip, I've luckily been able to get close with so many of them and love them all for how funny/silly/serious/weird we can all be together. The girlies in the group to the left kind of became my core group from the beginning of the trip. From the beginning Therese, Radhika, Claudia, Alison, and I went on the first three trips together and I bonded with all of them off the bat.
The picture on the right depicts the girlies from rooms 310&311 (minus Raya :/). All of us were suit mates, the only rooms where all of us were from DePaul and American. I love living with all these girls. We have gotten surprisingly close with each other. I mean so close that we can literally share any embarrassing detail about ourselves with each without caring one bit. We are all sharing a bathroom after all and there are 6 of us, soo... clearly we're comfortable with each other. Jess and Kathy are seriously so funny together. They are rarely without each other and are the sweetest ever (also without them I would never have gone to Ireland!!)

Therese, Bani, and I are roommates on the trip and I love them both dearly. Well I already knew Therese from back at DePaul, but I've really been able to get to know her more on this trip. Therese is seriously hilarious, she is always down for going out, and without her who's clothes would I borrow?? Bani is just as great. She is someone who I absolutely have the weirdest and best conversations with. We often bond over our love for Jonathan Toews, food, and our lack of bathroom manners. She's our Bon-Bon and even though she's older than us, I still feel like Therese and I are like her moms! Could not have asked for weirder and funnier roommates. 

Now to talk about the Bentley crew who I love sooo very very much. Alison and Radhika are so great. I can always always always count on these girls to have chocolate on them at all times (clearly this is the only reason why we're friends). But for real I've gotten really close with these two and already know that saying goodbye to them is going to be the hardest. I love getting Bentley blackout with them, cooking dinner every night, talking about absolutely nothing with them, and love traveling with these two. Both are so amazing I seriously love them and because of them I will always keep emergency chocolate in my purse at all times.

Then there's Claudia. Who knows how but we have 3 out of 4 of our classes together, are going on all the same trips together (minus one), and are literally always with each other. We get along so well and she is my partner in crime on this trip. Claudia is so beautiful and we are always down to hangout with people in the group. I think why we're so close is that we both like to hangout with a bunch of different people in the group. This is awesome, because we've gotten super close with so many people in the group!! 

Rob (standing), Ben, Hassaan, Isaac, Jake H, Nick, Matt, and Steve
I've pretty much covered the bases on all the girls in the group that I've gotten super close with now onto the boys. The boys in the group are such a funny and crazy bunch. I can't help but smile at the thought of the boys in the group, I mean they are seriously one of the genuinely nicest groups of guys I've ever met. They crack me up so much and all love to call me "mom", but it's only because without me who would they have to look out for them?! 

 So here we got the Indiana boys, Mike and Isaac. These two are great. They're always down to party and have such great hearts. Mike put up with four of us girls when we all went to Ireland together, and barely complained about us the whole trip! Isaac was the only guy who would agree to wear the kissing booth costume for Halloween. I had so much fun making this costume for him and it was such a perfect costume! These two love traveling and I'm so glad they live close by to visit.

Next we got Rob!! I absolutely love love love Rob. He is soo funny, so self absorbed, and has the craziest social media influence. Rob became my European "boyfriend" after the Lake trip when one of the ESN leaders thought he was my American boyfriend. We are still planning the wedding and it is going to be amazing. Don't worry whenever we do have the wedding I'm sure Rob will be live tweeting the whole thing, so everyone will know how fantastic it is. But, for real Rob is great he loves to sing to Beyonce at the top of his lungs and all of will never forget the night he went to Belgium...








On the right we have Ben, Haasan, and Steve. I had 3 of 4 classes with Ben and he is such a sweet heart. He wouldn't go out that often and I never went on a trip with Ben, but he is one of the nicest guys. Him and Haasan have such a bromance and we all love it. Haasan goes to Bentley and is part of the blackout crew and our token Pakistani friend. Haasan loves to call me Mackdaddy and Mary-Mack... Not cool but still love the dude. Then we have Steve... Steve was my driver to Croatia and we bonded over both having the stomach flu. Steve is such a random guy and we never know what kind of situations he is going to get himself into. What we do know is it's never a dull moment when he's around. I mean he ate my project members gyro once... 

Here we got Kane, Isaac (again), and Nick. Nick and Kane are great. Claudia and I spent the entire trip to Krakow with Kane and it was soo much fun. Best moment was waking up after partying and us drinking pitchers of water, because a glass just wouldn't cut it. I cannot wait to go back home and eat at Kane's families restaurant all the time!! Then there's Nick. Nick and his homemade palinka nearly killed all of us on many occasions. Also Nick thinking he actually was Usain Bolt on Halloween was priceless. So many good pre-games in these two room that I will never forget.

Then we got Ryan and Jake Heebs. Ryan will forever and always be Ryguy in my book. Ryguy is my Irish husband and will one day teach me how to take care of the chickens on his grandma's farm in Ireland. Ryan is a total sweetie and I always ended up taking care of him. Especially since he was dumb enough to cut his thumb open without cleaning it out (silly boy). Jake Heebs is such a charmer. He has mad dance skills and a great sense of humor. Jake can do some pretty great impressions and I will always remember how epic his birthday was. It was the first birthday of the trip and was a great way to kick off the trip. 

And then there's Jake D. Jake and I started hanging out right off the bat, because we both had already met through Emily before the trip started. Jake is like the dad of the trip, probably since he always plans all the trips even coming up with itineraries. Jake and I like to give each other a lot of shit and are always making fun. But, that's just what we do. He drives me crazy half the time but we are still really close friends. 




So now ya'll know the gist of my truly wonderful friends that I have made thus far. There are obviously more people that I will get close with during the trip and I'm excited for that to happen. But for now back to talking about the trips. 



Until next time--- Szia!





No comments:

Post a Comment