Friday, February 7, 2014

Vienna daytrip

"Best study break ever!"

 Today marks the last trip I will take of all of study abroad. Claudia and I decided to take a day trip to Vienna, because we wanted to see the Christmas Markets and we didn't want to start studying for finals yet. So we got on a bus and arrived in Vienna. 

Now if I have not mentioned already, but I'm pretty sure I did, Claudia and I have gone on all our trips together expect for Barcelona. With that being said we travel super well together and kind of just do our own thing. We don't get too stressed if we don't see everything in the city we are going to, we just want to enjoy ourselves. And that is exactly what we did in Vienna!!

We got off the bus and started walking around the city. Now, Vienna is not very big at all and we decided to just ask a concierge at a hotel for directions. I go in and ask the man working at the front desk where the Christmas Market is by the Castle, my response "Umm do you know how many Castle's and Christmas Markets are in Vienna?" - yep thanks Fancy Pants... By the way no I did not know how many Castle's or Christmas Markets were in Vienna, but thanks for your help anyways Fancy Pants (Claudia and I got a big kick out of this). 
So we made our way along the ring of the city and found the main Christmas Market. It was decorated and all lit up. Claudia and I walked around the markets and got a cup of Hot Chocolate before deciding to head inside somewhere. Vienna is super cold in the winter people!! We took cover in a local Starbucks to figure out where to go to next and ran a girl sitting next to us told us a cool pub to check out. 

Claudia and I figured we pretty much walked around the entire city by now, seeing a ton of Castles and Christmas Markets... We decided we just wanted to get a beer and some pub food before heading back to Budapest for the night. For us getting a beer and some wings at a pub was the perfect way to de-stress before we had to start studying for finals! Vienna was the perfect study break, and after we were derping around the mall outside our bus pickup spot we made our way back to Budapest. 

Vienna was a good last day trip, but my god it was cold!! Still super casual to have a study break in Vienna for the day. When we got back everyone wanted to go out for the night and Claudia and I were just like -_-. Time to knuckle down and start studying for finals. Aghh but Until Next time--- Szia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment