Friday, January 24, 2014

Getting sick abroad

"Literally the worst 4 days of the trip"

So this is just going to be a very very very short post of me complaining about how awful it was getting sick abroad. 

Here's the deal after coming back from Istanbul I got the stomach flu (I blame the Turkish delight). It lasted four days and got so bad that I didn't think I would be able to go on my trip to Berlin... Honest to god I had never been more homesick my entire time studying abroad! 

Claudia and Steve both ended up getting the stomach flu too so we all bonded over our awful sickness. It was actually kind of funny that Claudia got the stomach flu as well, because we were both suppose to go to Berlin together. We went to the doctor the Wednesday before our trip and got some meds. Luckily the meds worked like a charm and we were able to enjoy our weekend in Berlin!!

The wonderful doctor's office
In hindsight having Claudia to joke around with the whole weekend about being sick was a lot of fun! I mean we just wanted to make it to Berlin without getting sick and ya know what, mission accomplished! Until next time-- Szia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment