Thursday, May 22, 2014

Urban Eats

"Blue Door Farm Stand"

Hello all! I've been on a hiatus recently with blogging, as school has some whole consumed my life lately. Anyways now that spring/summer is finally starting in Chicago I have been checking out a lot of cool food places. Not sure why I've all of a sudden that it's nice out been going to new food places, but the nice weather makes me feel like exploring more of the city. 

This past week I went out to lunch with a really good friend of mine, Emily. We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have ever been to and Emily suggested Blue Door Farm Stand, and I was totally down! I had never heard of the restaurant but was more than willing to go and check it out. 

Blue Door Farm Stand is right off of the Armitage brown line stop. I was taken aback upon first getting to the restaurant. I figured it would be like a typical Lincoln Park lunch/brunch spot. It was way cooler than the typical Lincoln Park restaurant that I have gotten so comfortable with going to. The atmosphere was so great with wood table, mason jar lights, and high ceilings. It overall provided an airy and friendly environment to add to the overall enjoyment of my meal. 

Blue Door Farm Stand has an awesome selection of yummy salads, sandwiches, baked goods, coffees, and drinks. Everything just sounded so fresh and straight from the farm (which I'm assuming is the point of "Farm Stand"). I ordered the Sesame Chicken Salad and loved it!! Mmmm so yummy with so many good vegetables and a subtle dressing, which is always a plus for me since I hate when my salads are drenched in dressing! My friend opted on getting the Kale & Citrus salad, which looked amazing! I was almost a little envious of her salad, because it looked so good to!! 
My Salad!!!
I was so happy we went to this place and recommend it to anyone in the area wanting to try something new and have an amazingly fresh meal!!

Until next time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment