Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Eataly!

"Maybe better than heaven?!"
This past Saturday I went Eataly in downtown River North. I went with my friends Paulina and Paul (also they are dating and yes I am serious about their names)! I was a bit confused at first when Paulina asked me to go to Eataly, but once I Googled it I was super excited.

Eataly is a giant Market Place, filled with different produce sections and sections to order food. It was so crazy cool!! We started our Eataly experience by grabbing a glass of wine at the wine bar on the second floor. Paul and I tried the Gia Bianco, which I highly recommend. 
With wine in hand, we started exploring the different sections of the place. We put our names in for the Pizza and Pasta section, and then continued to walk around. There were different counters where you could buy cheese, lunch meats, olive oil, handmade pasta, fish, wine, beer, pretty much all of my favorite things!! 
As we waited for our table to be ready at the Pizza and Pasta section, Paul wanted to try the meat counter and ordered a Beef Tartar that was served with Foccacia bread. I had never tried tartar before, mostly because raw meat grosses me out, but I Paul let me taste a little of it and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! It was pretty damn good! 

We went back to the wine bar to get a refill, this time I opted for the Prosecco :). We headed over to our table and proceed to order our food. We sat at the counter and it was pretty cool to watch the chef's prepare our food. I got a pizza with spicy salmini and Paulina got a calamari pasta dish. Oh my God the food was sooo yummy!! 

I for sure want to come back to Eataly and check out the other sections of the Market Place. We were so stuffed from dinner we didn't even check out the desserts downstairs. Which is a definite must, because they have a Nutella Bar (even though I'm not a fan, it would still be cool)!

--Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment