Sunday, February 9, 2014

Last day's in Budapest

"Saying goodbye is stupid"


So it has come to the end of my semester abroad and I cannot believe that it has been four months since first arriving in Budapest. It honestly feels like yesterday I was going to Lake Balaton and getting to know everyone in the group. I am going to miss this city so much and all the people that I have gotten to know.  


 Honestly I feel like what I will miss the most is everyone being together and the traveling every weekend. The last few days in Budapest went out with a bang. Even though we were all busy with finals, once they were over everyone just cut lose and had a great last few days together. I even made it to the Budapest Opera House to see the Nutcracker! All of us are trying to pack in the last amount of sight seeing around the city that we can. We all went out to a big last dinner to Puder the night the first group of people were leaving for home. We all sat around and came up with different superlatives for one another and just reminiscence on the whole trip. 









 Alison and Radhika were in the first group to leave and I could not be more sad to say goodbye to the both of them. Over the past months I have gotten extremely close to the both of them and will miss them both dearly. Honestly watching them pack up their room and saying goodbye to them was extremely hard.

I stayed with these two while they packed up their room until they left for their flight at 3am. A few of us decided to walk to the Liberty Bridge for one last look at Budapest at night time. It was so peaceful and quite. The only thing that sucks more about saying goodbye is that since I'm in one of the last groups going home, I'll have to say goodbye two more days before going home myself. 
On my last day in Budapest a bunch of us, who were still around, decided to go see a few more places. It turned out to be a beautiful last day and we walked along the Danbue to the Shoe Memorial. We all just sat and looked out on Castle Hill; for me this will be a moment I don't think I will ever forget. We checked out the central market and St. Stephen's Christmas market one last time. For our last night out we all pre-gamed in Nick and Kane's room for the last time and went to this bar that was soo cool. The next day was spent packing and getting all of our stuff together for the flight. 


I am so sad to leave this amazing city that has taught me so much about myself and has been my home for the last four months. Looking back on the trip I realized how much stuff I've done and cannot even put into words how absolutely incredible this experience has been. I feel as if I'm ready to go home, but know that I will be coming back to Budapest in the future for sure--- Goodbye for now, Szia!


No comments:

Post a Comment