Thursday, June 13, 2013

Butcher & the Burger

Butcher & the Burger
Add caption


Last week I believe that I might have discovered "The Best Burger" in Chicago. I know, I know that is a pretty daring statement considering there are so many great burgers out there, but I honestly fell head-over-heels in love with this burger.

For those of you who have never heard of Butcher & the Burger or have just never been before should brace their taste buds. The restaurant is located on 1021 W Armitage, a convenient few block walk from the Armitage Brown/Purple line el stop. It isn't the biggest restaurant so make sure that you are keeping an eye out for it.
Now onto the fun part!! So last week my sister and I decided to have dinner together and wanted to try something new. A good friend of ours had been talking about Butcher & the Burger forever and I had been unknowingly walking past it on my way to babysit for the past year, so we decided that we would check the place out and try something new. My mouth started watering the minute we walked in! Ohmygosh, the place just smells delicious and a modern but old-timey feel to it.
 

The menu was a little intimidating at first, but in a good way. Basically the menu was set-up so that you pick what kind of meat, spice rub, toppings, bun, sides, and drinks you wanted on your burger/with your meal. I picked the House blend of beef with the creek bottom game mix as my spice rub, on a split top bun, with onions, lettuce, pickles, and ketchup, a side of fries and a diet coke as my drink.
Before and After (I totally devoured this meal) :)

The burger was ahhhhmmmmazzzinnng! It seriously was so delicious and the fries OMG!! They were cut big and seasoned with sea salt that made them so mouthwatering good. After finishing our meals, my sister and myself were fully satisfied with the meal and will definitely be returning to Butcher & the Burger soon! So if you are ever in Lincoln Park craving a burger check Butcher & the Burger out, you will not regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment