Monday, November 4, 2013

Exploring Budapest Part 1

"Exploring Budapest"

After being gone the first weekend in Budapest, spending time in Budapest feels really nice. Budapest is after all going to be my home for the next four months and I really wanted to see everything in Budapest!! So this week I decided that I get to be a tourist and go around and see everything. 


This was our first week of classes and I like pretty much all of my classes, especially my management class. My professor is American and I love the topic, definitely think this will be my favorite class overall. After my last class of the week I went with Mike, Robert, and Jake to check out Margaret Island. This actually wasn't my first time at Margaret Island, I had gone a week before running with Medhi, but I forgot to bring write about that in my past posts so.... 


We went to Margaret Island in the evening and got to walk around while the sun was setting and checked out the fountain all lit up. I already know now that Margaret Island is going to be my favorite spot in Budapest, there's just so much to do on the island and it reminds me of Chicago. Later this night was Jake Heebs 21st bday and all of us celebrated with a big pre-game in the kitchen and then went out. I met the most adorable Irish guy, Stephen, at Instant which is another ruins pub. All in all it was a good day of sightseeing and going out.


The next day I went around with Claudia, Mike, and Jake in search of St. Stephen's Basilica. We actually never ended up finding St. Stephen's, but instead just walked around the Chain bridge and got dinner at a Thai restaurant. It was a pretty chill day of sightseeing after the festivities of Jake's bday the night before. We ended the night hanging out at Time Pub with a bunch of people from the group.
Chain Bridge
Until next time... Szia!

No comments:

Post a Comment